When you register to use the Ellingham Water Ski & Wakeboard Club Booking System, you will be asked to confirm you have understood and agreed to the terms and conditions of use.
You will also need to agree to the release of liability waiver.
Ellingham Water Ski & Wakeboard Club Booking System terms and conditions:
Section 1 – Club Time Bookings. Weekdays (1pm-dusk) and all-day Bank Holidays and Weekends, (9am- dusk). Opening and closing times are subject to variation.
- You agree that by booking a tow slot you are committing to make a confirmed booking.
- It is your responsibility to arrive on time and be ready on the dock for the start of your booked set.
- In the instance of late arrival, the start time of your slot will not be postponed if that would affect subsequent bookings or Club staffing arrangements.
- No refunds or partial refunds will be made for late-arriving participants.
- Adverse weather conditions will only be considered a reason to cancel in extreme circumstances where the participant could not safely conduct the booked activity.
- The system offers you some booking management facilities, which enable you to:
- Move your booking – a booking can be moved to another slot on the same day as your original booking, but this is subject to availability.
- Offer your booking to someone else – if cancelling your booking, the slot will be re-opened for others to book. If the slot is re-booked, your EWWC user account will be credited with an amount equal to the tow value of the cancelled booking.
- Apart from the above, you have no right to cancel your booking.
- If you cancel a booking because of exceptional personal circumstances (e.g. illness), then on your request the Club may, at its own discretion, consider a refund in the form of a tow credit to be used against a future booking.
- Any request for such a refund must be lodged in accordance with the instructions displayed in the information menu in the booking system sidebar.
- Any decision relating to such a refund request will be made on an individual basis by a designated Club official.
- A decision will normally be communicated back to the applicant via email within 10 days.
- The Club makes no guarantee to offer a refund in such circumstances.
- The Club will make all reasonable efforts to provide the services as booked but reserves the right at any time to cancel your booking at its discretion. You will be notified by email of any cancellation by the Club. The Club will provide a full monetary refund for any pre-paid tow fees in respect of a booking where the booked service is cancelled by the Club, it could not otherwise be provided due to the fault of the Club or one of its representatives, or if the Club is closed because extreme weather conditions make it unsafe to operate. You agree that the Club is not liable for any other loss, damage or impairment to you or to any third parties in the event that the booked service cannot be provided.
- You confirm you have no known underlying physical condition that would prohibit you from taking part in a booked activity, or any condition that would pose significant additional risk to others through your attendance or participation.
- If a participant has any additional accessibility requirements, we ask that the Club is made aware in advance so as to ensure the booking may be safely conducted.
- You understand the nature of the activity you have booked may be physically demanding and you participate at your own risk.
- Any person under 16 years of age must have the permission of a parent or guardian to make a booking and to attend the Club.
- Club members have the facility to place credit on their account to use for Club hours bookings only. This credit is limited to a maximum of £250.
- The Club reserves the right to amend the amount of credit that may be added to an account and the amount that may be held on account, notwithstanding any credit already held prior to an amendment.
- Junior members are entitled to book a guest only if that guest is 18 years of age or under.
- Each member is limited to one pre-bookable slot for themselves and up to two pre-bookable guest slots on each and every active day of the booking system. Additional slots, in the same ratio, may be added on the day of the booking, subsequent to each previously booked slot having been completed.
Section 2 – Coaching Clinic Bookings (Weekday mornings before 1pm, excluding Bank Holidays)
All the above clauses in Section 1 apply. In addition, the following clauses also apply:
- Coaching clinic bookings may be amended or, subject to availability, rescheduled by the customer up to 72 hours prior to your booked time.
- Any request to amend a clinic booking must be emailed to, and received by, the Club coach at the email address provided with your booking receipt.
- A clinic booking may be cancelled up to 72 hours prior to your booked time.
- Any refunds due to cancellation by the customer will be issued in the form of token credits which may be used against future bookings.
- Token credits for clinic tows may also be purchased in advance. Token credit purchases are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, after which they will be deleted without recourse.
- A maximum of 25 token credits may be held on any user account.
- The Club reserves the right to alter the number of token credits that may be purchased at any time.
- The Club reserves the right to amend the number of token credits that may be held on account at any time, notwithstanding any token credits already held prior to an amendment.
- Tokens for Coaching Clinic tows are not valid for Club Tows.
Section 3 – Release of liability and indemnity by all participants in activities at Ellingham Water Ski & Wakeboard Club
- I understand and accept that in participating in water sport activities there is an element of danger and risk of injury to myself, which I undertake at my own risk. Accordingly, I release the Club from any and all liability for any injury or other loss I may suffer.
- I understand and accept that in participating in water sports activities there is an element of danger and risk of injury to others and consequently undertake to use the Club’s equipment and facilities, and to conduct myself while on the Club’s premises, in a sensible and responsible manner and in compliance with all notices, instructions and directions as published or displayed from time to time and with any instruction given to me by any of the Club’s authorised persons, representatives, agents or employees.
- I confirm that I am in a good state of health and free from any injury, medical condition, disease or illness which may be aggravated by participating in the Club’s water sports activities or which may preclude me from taking part in such activities.
- I confirm that I will not use the Club’s facilities or participate in any organised sports whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol, neither will I participate in any organised sports whilst under the influence of alcohol.
- I agree that I will fully indemnify and hold harmless the Club, its representatives, agents and employees against any claim brought by a third party for loss, damage, injury or death which may have been caused by an action or omission of mine or any act or omission of any child of which I am the lawful parent or guardian or any child whose supervision is wholly or partly my responsibility at the time of the relevant act or omission.
- I confirm that I agree to abide by any rules relating to attending the Club and to participation in any activities at the Club. These rules include those of the BWSW Code of Conduct (which the Club is bound to observe through its affiliation with BWSW, the governing body of the sport). In so doing I will ensure to care for the safety of fellow participants and myself.
- I confirm that, when supervising a child or children, I will do so in a manner that will ensure that the child or children are safe and looked after in a way that maintains their compliance with the Club’s rules and regulations.
- I acknowledge that nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to avoid liability on the part of the Club for personal injury or death caused by the negligence of its authorised persons, representatives, agents or employees.