The trustees of EIWW would like to announce the Inclusive sessions for 2023.
The sessions for the season are:
Sat 13th May
Mon 22nd May
Sat 3rd June
Mon 19th June
Sat 1st July
Mon 17th July
Sat 5th Aug
Mon 14th Aug
Sat 2nd Sept
Mon 11th Sept
Do you (or someone you know) have a disability? Like the idea of water sports but feel that your disability is preventing you from taking part? Look no further because we can help get you out on the water.
Who can participate
We don’t restrict based on disability, only on the capacity to support you safely on the water. These are examples of the types of disabilities we have worked with during our sessions:
- Wheelchair users, including paraplegics
- Cerebral Palsy
- Sensory impairments, including blind and deaf individuals
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Learning disabilities
- Brain injury
- Autistic Spectrum Condition
So, forget the restrictions on land! Leave your disability behind and feel the freedom of the water. With expert support, specialist adaptive equipment for both standing and seated skiers, and guidance from our fully qualified instructors, you can take to the water whatever your disability.
All equipment, including the skis, hoist, dry-suits/wetsuits, and buoyancy aids are provided.
We are always in need of volunteers to support our events and skiers. You don’t have to be an experienced coach (although that would be great), just an enthusiastic and caring individual with a passion for helping others and a willingness to don a wetsuit and give things a go. Volunteers help us in many ways, including:
- Supervising the issue of wetsuits and boyancy aids
- Supervising the rota, ensuring skiers are ready when it’s their turn on the water
- Helping skiers with the equipment
- Ensuring the correct equipment is ready for use depending on the needs of each skier
- Organising refreshments for the crew and skiers
More experienced skiers will also help with:
- Assisting skiers in the water, buddying those who require support
- Helping the boat driver, informing them of the skier’s progress and helping out if someone falls in and needs assistance to get back up or into the boat.
- Driving the boat.
How To Book
To reserve a slot during one of our Inclusive Training Days just click here or the button below to take you to our booking system.
For more information or if you would like to discuss a booking, please email EIWW.General@gmail.com.
Or follow us on EIWW Facebook page.